{fifteen}241 Tote

Back blogging......

I bought and downloaded a few bags patterns when I couldn't find the type of bag I wanted to buy the other week. So I decided to make myself one today. A '1-day' bag with all the interruptions of general life...gotta be happy with that!

This is the 241 Tote by Noodlehead

PA163885


There is a great review on Sew Sweetness and I loved that she made a 'little' version as I had the same idea for Christmas presents for my sweet little nieces!

When my pattern printed from the computer the test 1 inch square was measuring slightly smaller then it should of but I forged ahead anyway! I also went without the magnetic closure as I didn't have one to use.


PA163888

I thought it was going to be bigger than what it turned out and was slightly disappointed...however since using the bag all of this week for shopping trips, dragging it to work and walking 10kms with it ...more on that later...it is just the perfect size! My regularly carried items wallet, keys, phone, glasses case, lip gloss all fit in with extra room! I love the little side pockets as I can chuck  my keys in there and I don't have to dig around in the bottom of my bag to find them.

If I made the bag again for myself...and I will be...I'd make the side pockets come up a little higher as then my phone would fit better without me worrying about it falling out.

I did cut the strap longer at the width of fabric rather then the 36" in the pattern, as I wanted it to hang across my body.

Oh I also didn't use pellon interfacing, just regular woven iron-on in medium weight. It stands up well, without the extra bulk.




Don't forget to leave a comment on my first Blogtoberfest post here to enter the giveaway and comment on any other post in October to get an extra entry!

Comments

LittleWhiteDove said…
What a great bag! I love the fabrics you chose.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Spring 2010