Curved Pieceing

These are the materials I have come up with...It didn't use much to make the block so now I have to decide how much to send on with the quilt and what to keep back for finishing it off when I get it back...might have to ask the others for their opinions.

And then the fun began...also some unpicking but not too much. I've decided I'm not very good at curved piecing...but I still have lots to do so I might get better....maybe?!?!
Pieces cut out...layed out to see how they look...

In pieces...starting to take shape
The first finished block...


Here are the rest of the pieces cut out ready to join...after this picture was taken, I tried to sew piece number 8 on....I then realised that I'd cut them out backwards....the template must have been flipped over but I didn't realise cause an 8 is an 8 backwards too!! So I had to trace and cut the pale blue circles again...bummer

This is two finished triangles sewen together

Comments

Emma said…
Wow! This should be in the nest! AS for what you want to keep/send with the centre, it's up to you. Just because it's sent, doesn't mean it'll all get used; or you could just request a little of one is used in each border. And of course note the fabric details in your notebook, so we can get more if needed.
Emma said…
After all that, i forgot to give you my tips for templates - either mark them with L and R, or your name (as well as the numbers). That will help you keep them the right way up, and the L and R can help re-orientate them later if needed.
Helen said…
AJ, you have been a busy bee this weekend! Wow! It looks great!
Belinda said…
You have been busy. Great work on the curved piecing. Looks very complicated, but I am sure it will look fantastic.
Lily Mulholland said…
Aiyeeee! That looks very complicated AJ! But gorgeous. Love that you drew it all out in coloured pencil first :)

Popular posts from this blog

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

Sew your stash thin 2013