Border Dilemma...please help!



I am absolutely delighted to have all the Noah Blocks together!! One step closer to finishing the quilt! But here is the problem...choosing a fabric from your stash causes problems!!! The pattern calls for another border of the scallops with the stripes underneath, like the inner border....I think I only just have enough material to do this...or I have enough of the dark purple fabric to make a small 2 inch border around the quilt....I'm trying not to let the quilt get too big...I have to quit it after all and I want it small enough to go on Alannah's wall....

so here are the options...
1. Follow the pattern...make a purple/stripes scalloped border with a wider green spot border and bind it in a different purple or stripes or green spots
2. Small purple border...wider/same size stripe border...with green spot binding
3. Small purple border...wider green spot border...with stripe binding
4. Non of the same purple...just the stripes and green spot borders.. and find a different but similar purple for binding (not enough of the same purple left for binding)

or for something totally different do I add some more white...

or maybe something totally different...can you suggest another colour that would work??

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! I'm going 'round in circles!! Please Help!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I soooooooo love it! Alannah will too! Sorry I can't answer the questions about the borders- I have no idea what you mean :) Can't wait to see it finished.....

Big Hugs
J
sibylle said…
Number 2 would be my pick :)
Helen said…
Ohhhhhhh, looking fanbloodytastic AJ! #2 2. Small purple border...wider/same size stripe border...with green spot binding, would be my lick. Ties in nicely with the scolloped boarders without the hassle of doing them. Looks great! Lucky Alannah!
Cylie said…
It looks fantastic!
I'm with Helen, love the purple and a nice spotty binding would work a treat.
Austysmum said…
Yep, go for option 2 I say. Looks gorgeous! The brights work really well.
Unknown said…
Without meaning to sound like a complete sheep - number 2! It looks fantastic AJ. Almost makes me want to try applique!
Leah said…
Looks fab so far. How about a scalloped border of the green spots, followed by a wider border of the purple with a binding of stripes?
thehummingcat said…
Purple then stripes. Is the stipes the binding?
thehummingcat said…
Purple then stripes. Is the stipes the binding?
thehummingcat said…
Gawd, I posted twice with a spelling error, doh! Purple inner border then stripes, and I loke the idea of the spot green for the binding.
Anonymous said…
I agree with Leah, wider border of purple with stripes binding etc etc...!!! :)
Anonymous said…
This is the cutest baby quilt I have seen in a long time! I love it. I think I'm due about the same time you are, too! July 8!

Popular posts from this blog

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

700!!