12 WIP's in 2012
Have you got a quilt top that needs backing and binding? A pile of half-finished blocks? A Table Runner that needs quilting? Some Quilting Bee blocks that require putting together? A husband that thinks you have too many projects on the go at once?
Got a pile of WIP’s you’d like to see finished?
I say YES to all of the above and if you do too why not join me on a 12 WIP’s in 2012 challenge!
Starting in January you can challenge yourself to finish 1 WIP a month.
Here are the rules:
1. At least 6 of the projects must be projects already started (genuine Works-in-progress) ie blocks that need to be made into a quilt, or a cushion that needs backing and a zip, or a table runner that needs quilting, or a quilt top that needs batting/backing/binding
2. The other 6 projects can be using fabrics that you bought for a specific purpose or a pattern that you bought but have never used yet or even ideas or a pattern that you have drawn up yourself but not yet started (so essentially ‘old’ projects that you just haven’t had time to start yet)
3. Project finishes must be blogged within the calendar month to count for that months finish
4. Max of 1 entry per month to go into the draw (but you can finish more than 1 project…just depends on how big your WIP list is!)
So what is this ‘draw’ I’m talking about…well it is always nice to be rewarded for your efforts and so I have decided to make a fabric prize pack to be raffled off at the end of the year. Each WIP project that you finish in a calendar month gives you 1 ticket in the draw.
Now I am not rich, I don’t own a fabric shop and I don’t have (nor do I want) sponsors for my blog so if you would like to be part of the challenge and have your name go into the draw for the end of the year you will need to send me 1 FQ (sort-of like a fee to enter a show I guess)
Now remember you could win this prize pack back so the FQ needs to be a quality piece of Quilters cotton in a standard FQ size. Throughout the year I will be adding to the prize pack from my own stash and will also happily accept any other donations.
You can join in the challenge at any time, all you need to do is send me (comment on this post –with ‘reply’ active – and I’ll send you my address) a FQ of one of your favourite fabrics. If I haven’t got your fabric by the 1st of December then you’ll be removed from the draw.
I’ll also give you an extra ticket this month (December or January) if you blog about the challenge on your blog – Leave the link in the comments on this post.
So that’s it…here is a quick recap
- make a list of all the WIP’s you have stashed around your sewing room (blogging about your list will earn you an extra ticket!)
- You can have more than 12 WIP’s on the list and you can choose to do them in any order you like….you don’t even have to have a list but remember there must be at least 6 genuine WIP’s
- Sign up for the challenge on this post
- Send me 1 Fat Quarter of quality quilters cotton by the 1st of December 2012 to have your name added to the draw
- Complete at least 1 WIP each month and blog about it to earn a ticket.
If you have any questions please ask and I’ll edit this post to answer them for everyone.
PS I've made a blog button if you'd like to 'grab' it for your blog!