Presents from a far...

About a month ago my Mum traveled to Thailand for 16 days...when asked what I wanted her to bring back I of course said fabric!! She got me a metre of each of these... I think they are 100% cotton, but the cheap kind, not really for quilting, so hopefully I can make something out of them....any ideas??




But how cool are these...

I'm thinking couch cushions??

Each one is made by hand. Mum watched, as a lady and her MIL, folded and placed all of the fabric and then stitched it down. The tiny triangle along the edge are not stitched down but are like prarie points facing in on the fabric. The long strips are folds of material. It is really quite intricate and detailed.
These pastle ones are my favourite...maybe a wall hanging for a little girls room?? If I cut them in half that will give me six of them and they should be easy enough to match with other blocks??



There are 5 metres of each of these. To be used a trimmings for a quilt.Mum bought a 'quilt' with squares in red and black, attached to the front and then long strips across the top and bottom...I forgot to take a photo of the actuall quilt....next time...

Comments

Emma said…
Wow! I'm not sure what you could do with the cottons - although I'm sure you could make baby items when needed! But those detailed trims could be used in so many ways. Definitely cushions, and great features in all sorts of quilts.
Sunny said…
Wow. Cool stuff. I hope you don't mind, but I nominated you for a blog award. Please check out my post on my blog for details.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Spring 2010