Dear Jane.....the beginning

I've been waiting for ages to start....I just didn't really know how or where to start. But last night I just jumped right in and printed out the first block.

G7 - The centre block - Indianapolis



I couldn't find any reds in my stash that I liked. I was going to resort to fussy cutting a christmas print to use the red, but instead found a left over bunting flag that had the red that I wanted. I unpicked the and the 2 triangles were just enough to make the block pieces.



There are 25 pieces in this block. The first 4 were stitched together while watchign the lastest Bond movie 'Skyfall' with Hubby as has become our usual Saturday night after the small one has gone to bed.
It is going to take me 4.3 years of Saturday nights to finish the 225 blocks in this quilt. That is if each block only take 1 weekend.....they wont.


So I'm giving myself a generous 10 years to finish this quilt!
My really happy with my first attempt at hand stitching and I can't imagine trying to fit such small pieces under the machine, so I will continue to hand stitch them all.
Miss Dove is a few blocks ahead of me so I'm hoping to catch her soon and motivate her to stitch along with me!

Ta Da!!
My first finished Dear Jane block!




Comments

LittleWhiteDove said…
Looks good! I've budgeted 10 years for mine too. Husband thinks I'm insane.
Car said…
Well done - it looks great!

Im extending mine to 15years #cantrushthesethings

I find prepping several blocks in advance is handy and quicker (even though it takes time to prep) if they are ready - pick them up and start stitching!
Unknown said…
Looks fantastic - keep working on me girls, I may join you yet!
Anonymous said…
*sigh* Seeing your rainbow coloured pattern makes me want to do it. But I don't hand sew!

Popular posts from this blog

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

700!!