Star Light Start Bright

I started these blocks in December 2007...I thought it was only like 2 years ago and I'm slightly embarassed to see that it is actually 3.5 years! Yikes!

It makes sense though....the little boy this quilt is for will be turning 4 in September. I wonder if Nicholas' mum would still like it for his bed??

It has and all-over medium stipple with random 5-point stars. I had major issues with the top and bottom threads being different colours and this was th main delay in getting it quilting...I continued to get too frustrated at it and would but it away again.
I'm gald I persisted and it looks great!
Hubby helped choose the binding fabric...I wanted to use red but the one I had left in my stash wasn't an exact match and it have bee noticable. I quite like the blue though...makes the blues on the front 'pop' a bit more.

What's next in the 'to finish' pile??

Comments

Daddy said…
Only 3.5 years that is quick for you. Good binding colour but.
Helen said…
Well done on finishing a UFO!!! The stippling looks great, love the stars.
Paula said…
The mother would love the quilt for his bed...The quilt looks fantastic! I love the colours and I'm sure Nicholas will too.
Paula said…
The quilt is absolutely gorgeous and Master almost 4 was so excited he told his big brother as soon as we got to school! It looks fantastic on his bed and he can even make his bed with this quilt on it! Thank you so much...

Popular posts from this blog

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

700!!