{One Little Word} Reach


I don't think I've ever done 'One Little Word' before but I'm looking for something to hang on to this year. Something that grounds me but keeps me moving forward at the same time.

As the new year ticked over I found myself adrift, a little lost about who I am and where I want to be. Life around me was moving on but I didn't feel connected to it. I was cranky at Christmas and disgruntled with New Year. I put on my semi-happy face and got on with it but you can't always fake it. You have to live life, love life....not just exist in it.

And I think that is what I have been doing. Existing but not living and it has been going on for a little while now....most of 2017 at least.

So this morning when I woke up, just as I opened my eyes, this word jumped out at me. I have never had that happen before and that's when I knew that this One Little Word was for me. I mulled over it during the day as I ran errands and got on with doing things. It hung there in my subconscious.
It is a rather a plain little word. Not fancy. Not shiny. Not for everyone. But it just seemed to settle around me and it feels right.

I'm going to craft something for my little word and hang it where I can see if. Maybe in a few different places, at home and at work. I'm still thinking over it as a broad 'theme' for my classroom and what that might look like. For now I've decided on some things....


I want to reach out for a paintbrush and practise my new craft.
I want to reach out to healthier food choices.
I want to reach for a book instead of my phone.
I want to reach out and ask for help when I'm stuck.
I want to help my kids reach new goals.
I want to reach for water instead of soft drink.
I want to reach out to new ideas and be open to them.
I want to reach out to my loved ones around me and be present for them.
I want to reach a place of comfort within myself, to see progress and action
I want to reach out to new destinations and travel

Comments

CathyA said…
Beautiful thoughts, hope it helps you in your journey

Popular posts from this blog

{3rd Birthday} Octonauts party

The Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

Sew your stash thin 2013